Law degree cum laude, University of Bologna Magna
Qualification and relevant Register
Lawyer, Rome Bar Association (2007)
Italian, German, English, French
Luitgard Spögler, Lawyer, is a partner at Legalitax.
She has specific expertise in the area of regulation of "supervised intermediaries."
She has provided and provides legal and professional advice to clients (banks, financial intermediaries, SGRs/OICRs, pension funds, listed companies, IMELs/payment institutions) in the establishment phase, on an ongoing basis and for specific needs.
In particular, she carries out advisory activities on: corporate governance, including assistance in board review processes; system of internal controls; remuneration systems; anti-money laundering safeguards, transparency obligations; securitization transactions; admission to trading in regulated markets; participation in public tenders for the provision of financial and ancillary services; drafting of contracts and agreements in line with international standards (e.g. ISDA master agreements).
She provides assistance in administrative sanction proceedings initiated by sector supervisory authorities and in appeals against sanction orders.
In the asset management sector, she assists primary clients in the establishment of UCITS, including innovative ones (credit AIFs).
She provides assistance to pension fund bodies in current management.
She lectures as part of university specialization courses on regulation in the asset management sector and financial innovation, and speaks at information and training initiatives, including those organized by trade associations, addressed to corporate officers, management and heads of internal functions of supervised intermediaries.
Previously, Luitgard Spögler worked at the Bank of Italy - Supervision (from 1991 to 2007). She was responsible at the European Commission - DG Internal Market for the drafting of the UCITS Directives (Manager, Product, Simplified Prospectus Directives); she was a member of high-level expert groups at ESMA; she was a member of the Italian delegation in negotiations for the adoption of EU directives (on MiFID, UCITS, IMEL, investor compensation schemes).
She is a founding member of the Bank of Italy Women's Association and a member of the Fuori Quota Association.
Professional associations/previous practices
She was an attorney at Galante and Associates Law Firm (until April 2019).
Positions, any prizes/awards
- Vice-Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Alperia S.p.A. (from January 2015 to May 2019); she assumed the chairmanship of this body from January to June 2017;
- Member of the Corporate Governance Committee at the Italian Stock Exchange representing a leading asset management group (2012-2014);
- Independent Director of an independent SGR active in the private equity sector (2012-February 2019).
Positions currently held:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Banca Sistema S.p.A, listed on the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange;
- Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Alperia S.p.A. and Chairman of the Audit and Risk Committee;
- Joint representative of the shareholders of Cassa di Risparmio di Bolzano.